Wednesday, January 26, 2011

WAR!

     Lately I feel like I am under attack. The devil is trying to stop me from doing Gods work. He has tried to stop me from getting to church. He has tried to stop me from getting to bible study. He has even tried to stop me from getting this blog written.
     In the past two weeks my car has been in the shop twice, the oil burner was acting up and I seem to have a hard time finding time to write this blog.
     In war you are usually not in any danger until you come out of the trenches and start fighting. We are soldiers in Gods army and the devil is going to try to attack us. He is going to try to stop us from doing God's will. He will try to stop us from being active Christians.
     The devil will also try to draw us away from God by tempting us.  So we need to be aware of who is tempting us and resist. James 4:7 Submit yourselves to God resist the devil and he will flee from you.
     The only way the devil can win is if we surrender. So resist him and keep on fighting the good fight. In Ephesians 6:11 Paul tells us to "put on the full armour of god so that you can take your stand against the devils schemes."  in vs 16 Paul tells us to "take up the shield of faith with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one."
     And when you are under attack don't just stand there with your shield blocking the devils attack fight back with the word of God That is what Jesus did when he was tempted. When Jesus was tempted he just quoted scripture.
     The devil can attack us but he is powerless against those who resist him with the word of God!
Chris sherman

1 comment:

  1. AMEN - let's link shields and fight the good fight, brother - I've got your back! ;-)

    ReplyDelete