Wednesday, December 22, 2010

So this is Christmas

     You have probably all heard the song "so this is Christmas" written by John Lennon. well I was thinking about the lyrics to this song "so this is Christmas and what have you done" as I pondered them I thought "what have I done this Christmas" what have I done other than shop for presents, bake cookies, decorate the tree and sing Christmas carols?
 well I was very disappointed in myself. I know the true meaning of Christmas. I know that I am celebrating the birth of our lord and savior Jesus Christ but what have I done. Then I realized Christmas is not about what I have done it is about what God has done.
"for God so loved the world he gave his one and only son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16.

There is nothing wrong with giving presents putting up Christmas lights and decorating a Christmas tree as long as we remember to keep Christ in all these things.

So when you give gifts remember the gift God has given his son Jesus.

When you hang your Christmas lights remember that Jesus is the light of the world.

When you decorate your evergreen tree remember the everlasting life that we have through Jesus.

Christmas should bring us great joy our saviour has arrived!

                                                                                                                         Chris Sherman

No comments:

Post a Comment